There are seven membership categories: General, Associate, Student, Patron, Sustaining, Affiliate and Paralegal Educational Program. Each membership category has its own requirements.
Join online or print a paper copy of the Individual Membership Application
View the requirements for each type of membership.
Benefits of Membership include:
1. Statewide and District meetings to exchange ideas with colleagues;
2. Continuing legal education through:
- Its spring Annual Seminar and its fall Mid-Year Seminar;
- CLA Review Course in the fall;
- Seminars, workshops and meetings on the local level;
- Professional recognition;
- Quarterly Magazine, NCPA FORUM, and district newsletters;
- Statewide Job Bank; and
- Utilization Survey
3. Access to statewide and national events and laws affecting our profession;
4. Sharing knowledge and efficient procedures among members with diverse experience and training;
5. Student essay scholarships;
6. Meredith R. Pollette, CLAS Scholarship Award;
7. Liaison with local paralegal associations and cooperation with the N. C. State Bar and N. C. Bar Association; and
8. Access to NCPA's online membership directory and website, including seminar registration, dues renewal payment, event calendar, Career Center, and more.
For additional questions about membership, contact the Second Vice President.
To apply for membership, visit one of the links to the right.
ONLINE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS
(Online applications available only with online payment by credit/debit card. Paper check payments must be submitted with paper applications, available below)
2013 Student Membership Application
2013 Associate Membership Application
2013 General Membership Application
2013 Sustaining Membership Application
PRINT A PAPER APPLICATION
Individual Membership Application
Affiliate Membership Application
Educational Program Application
Sustaining Membership Application
Sustaining Membership Brochure
Online and paper renewal forms, and invoices to assist members in obtaining checks from their employers, are available on our "Renew My Membership" page.